Monday, June 14, 2004

Archived Webcast of Gary Price's SLA Annual Conference Presentation
The archived Webcast (.rm) of Gary Price's presentation Extreme Searching at the Special Libraries Association 2004 Annual Conference is available. He also has an accompanying handout. He gives an update and mentions some trends in search engine technology, as well as giving tips for better searching. He also reminds us that there's more to the Web than Google and search engines aren't the best method for finding many things.

I'm not going to post constant updates as everything's being added to the News Division Web site 'cause that diverts my time from posting presentations and will overload you; I'll just mention a few highlights as I go along. Keep tabs on the conference page. I've got a few presentations patiently waiting for me to code them, but I'm still waiting for materials from a number of presenters. I know some presentations will be delayed because of vacations. Thanks to those of you who have or will send me things and thanks to Carolyn Edds who did some heavy recruiting for the Web site at the conference after I returned to work. It'll be a little slow-going for a little while, but I am going to keep plugging away at the presentations.

Addendum 6/19: Someone pointed out that the URL for the audio file was incorrect. It is now fixed and should work properly. Ah, yes, the importance of checking links. Don't worry: it was correct on the Special Libraries Association News Division Web site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home