Sunday, August 15, 2010

Aside Bar -- From the Editor

Welcome to the next incarnation of News Library News!

With the troubles in our industry, the News Division has been shrinking, and with it our budget. As a result, we cannot afford to publish News Library News, even as a pdf anymore.

When the Division board met at SLA in New Orleans in June, they decided to try moving the content to NewsliBlog, whose content had become less regular over time.

Your Summer 2010 issue would be coming out about now, so here I am with the editor's column to start us out. Instead of receiving all of your content at once in a newsletter format, we'll be posting all of the usual features on a rotating basis. The content can be more timely and our contributors can even post more often, if they choose.

Plus, if you have an idea for content -- one-off posts are fine! -- you are welcome to run it by me and become a contributor yourself. Since this is a blog, it'll be a little less formal in style and length and more conducive to links and other such techie stuff.

I'm specifically interested in content from SLA in New Orleans. If you went to a cool session, especially a News Division program, and want to tell us about it, let me know ASAP. I'll be posting my own comments about SLA in the days to come.

--Julie Domel, NLN Editor

3 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Julie. I'll be interested to see how the move to an online newsletter works.

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

As the person who typed THE first News Library News issue on 8 1/2x11 paper, I am not surprised and actually welcome going to an online format. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about any details. Shirley Mooney Aabjerg forwarded me this blog. It brings back some extremely hoary memories. Someone, somewhere may have a copy, the date of which I have forgotten. This will work just fine. Good luck.
Barbara Newcombe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home