Part Time Job in Atlanta
The News Research Services Dept. of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has an opening for a part-time researcher in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. AJC News Researchers anticipate and respond to all sorts of short and long term requests, using a variety of online sources, print resources and interview skills. Researchers provide formal and on the fly newsroom training on information tools. They develop resources and organize information for the News. Dept. intranet, and are deeply involved with optimizing search results for ajc.com.
Hours: Twenty-five hours per week including occasional weekend and evening work.
· M.L.S. from ALA-accredited library school.
· Previous professional research experience.
· Expertise in using commercial databases such as Lexis-Nexis and Factiva, and a variety of Internet resources.
· Expertise in legal research and public records research highly desirable.
· Ability to analyze and summarize information and to write copy for publication.
· Experience with web site taxonomy management and automated metatagging a plus.
· PC and Macintosh knowledge, and familiarity with Microsoft Office particularly Excel, required. Experience with Microsoft Access or other relational database programs a plus.
· Knowledge of Dreamweaver a plus.
All final selection applicants, who are not currently full-time, must pass a company provided pre-employment test and background check.
Please send resumes and references to:
News Research Services
PO Box 4689
Atlanta, GA 30302
Email, fax or snailmail, no calls please.
For up-to-the-minute news, sports, business, and entertainment:
For convenient home delivery of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: