Job opening in Palm Beach
The Palm Beach Post has an opening for a full-time Photo Archivist, bilingual English/Spanish given preference. The position is responsible for the development and maintenance of the photo collections of The Palm Beach Post, La Palma, and the Palm Beach Daily News. A college degree is required and previous news library/photo handling experience is highly desirable. Macintosh and PC experience is necessary and accurate typing is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily archiving of photos that have run in The Palm Beach Post, La Palma, and the Palm Beach Daily News.
- Daily preparation of newspaper sets used for archiving, microfilming, and newsroom purposes, as well as all procedures related to microfilming, including correspondence, storage and record keeping.
- Classification and filing of new paper and slide photos
- Works in close consultation with the Photo Department, News Illustration, newsroom and bureaus
- Photo research assignments
- Other duties as necessary to assure the smooth running of the library photo operation
- Previous photo archiving and collection development experience desirable
- News library experience highly desirable
- College degree required
- Experience with Macintosh and PC applications, particularly Adobe Photoshop highly desirable
- Excellent problem solving, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and work well as a team member
- Good spelling and grammar
- Fluency in written Spanish high desirable
- Accurate typing 35 wpm
Sunday through Thursday and occasional holidays
REPLY WITH COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO
Human Resources Dept.
2751 South Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Or Fax: (561) 820-4192