Sacramento opening...and a temporary in NJ
The Sacramento Bee is seeking a News Researcher to support the work of 300 journalists at one of the best regional newspapers in the country. The ideal candidate should have an abiding interest in the news and possess extensive research skills--including fluency with online and print information sources. The researcher should be a tenacious and resourceful self-starter, able to pursue the research needs of an assigned story, as well as to initiate ideas for and approaches to coverage. The job requires a mix of research support for breaking daily stories, for graphics and for longer-term investigative projects.
Send resume, cover letter, writing samples and any CAR samples to:
Director of Editorial Research
The Sacramento Bee
P.O. Box 15779
Sacramento, CA 95852
(For a complete description of this postion, email email@example.com.)
The NBC Universal InfoCenter, located in Secaucus, NJ, has an immediate opening for a temporary Research Librarian. The temporary Librarian will have the following major responsibilities:
· Provide targeted information services to all NBCU divisions
· Provide research on deadline to News reporters, writers and producers.
· Assist News and corporate patrons in use of applications such as Nexis, Factiva, and Internet research tools.
· Select and add content to InfoCenter intranet research page.
Research projects cover a wide range of topics, and involve the heavy use of online databases and other print and electronic resources.
· At least 2 years of recent professional experience in a news or corporate information center
· Expert skills in use of online databases, especially Nexis, Factiva, Autotrack and other public records databases
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures
· Flexibility in working varied schedules; regular shifts will be 10am-6pm or 11am-7pm; librarian will also be required to work some holidays, nights and weekends
The ideal candidate will also have a Masters degree in Library Science and some knowledge of HTML programming.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that we will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom
we have an interest.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.